Friday, 30 November 2007

MRI Results.....finally, some better news!!!

I actually had a consultation on Monday of this week to discover the results of my recent MRI scan. I have been a bit lazy recently on the blog and for that reason I did not give the update as soon as I had the news, also, its taken me a few days to let the results sink in, be processed in my head and turned into coherent reasoning that can be viewed here.

The results were....

Basically, the most recent scan shows no or little change of consequence in my inflamed area of the neck and no new white spots of note on my brain.

This is obviously fantastic news for me but at the same time, a little overwhelming as I need you to understand that since we first found inflammation and spots in my earlier MRI, I have woken each day with the thought that there is a silent disease spreading through my neck and brain and I am in no control of it. It really is that simple, for the last 9 months or so, I have worried myself silly and waited for the day where we could compare scans taken a distance apart to see if this condition grows silently or lies dormant.

So a huge weight is lifted. It is now pretty safe to assume that while I don't have the symptoms that took me down earlier this year and while I can wake each day without getting out of bed and falling over or having an attack of various levels, then its safe to assume that the condition is not developing or spreading in my neck or brain. On the other hand, if I do have another bout of symptoms then its a different story.

On reflection, I should be gloriously happy but I don't allow myself to be that way and I don't really know why. Is it just the case that Myelitis won the first round and I took the second? Or, is it a case that I still wake every day thinking that something is going to happen to me. I know for a fact that if anything does happen then the thoughts of inflammation and brain spots will run rife in me. The question is, will another attack ever happen? And if so, when? I don't have the answers to these.

As usual, and once Christmas is out of the way, its time to take steps to be healthier on the whole. I did some good work earlier this year and I have let it go by the wayside so I am definitely one of those diet types for 2008.

I genuinely wish I could sit here and be more hopeful about the future, rest assured, a part of me is. A larger part of me believes that there are still a few rocky times ahead and as I was a scout, remember what Baden Powell said......"Come and see some puppies young man", I mean "BE PREPARED!!!".

1 comment:

Alessandro said...

This is nothing but GOOD NEWS my dear old mate! Fantastic!