Friday, 19 October 2007

Craniosarcal Therapy

There is a long word for a Friday eh!!! Basically, yesterday evening, an older woman took me into her spare bedroom and massaged me until I came all over light headed and weak!!

Actually, I think the real story here is that I am turning a little "new age" and trying out alternative methods of coping with the symptoms of Myelitis.

I came to the conclusion a few weeks ago that I am currently sitting in limbo waiting for the next bout of symptoms to strike me down. While in limbo I have Myelitis and once I am hit with the dreaded second coming, they can clinically diagnose MS, however, the trick is to stay in limbo for as long as is humanly possible. The longer you are in limbo, the better because even if you have the dreaded second coming of symptoms but they are 18 months from the first attack, you still wont be diagnosed as the attacked have to happen between 6-12 months from each other to tick the box.

So you would think that limbo is a good place then? Wrong, its a lousy place. There is not much help in limbo, doctors refer you to consultants and consultants analyse data but offer little support. If I had MS, there are a million groups, forums and other services to call on but until such a time there is no support structure for Myelitis. Also, don't confuse what I have with Transverse Myelitis, they are not the same.

Anyway, seen as though there is not much support for me, I thought I would give into Kerris who constantly tells me the benefits of alternative methods of dealing with my problem. I have heard the acupuncture mentioned more than once and I figured that it was time to start checking these out.

So this brings me to Craniosarcal Therapy. Its a method of massage concentrated on the central nervous system, practised by a few people and after my session, I think these people feel they are healers who channel positive energy into you. She was channelling something as she told me to take off my leather belt as energy does not pass through leather!!! That explains why cows stand still then!!!

Well I have to say, I am the worlds best sceptic but last night, the technique was very relaxing and very pleasant. Basically, the lady held various bits on me in her hands (steady!!!) and very slowly maneuvered me about while I lay relaxed on the bed. This was especially good with my head as I got a genuine feeling of floating around the room!!!

Afterwards, I felt very tired and light headed and she told me that over the next 7-10 days, I will feel changes to my nerve functions. She told me to drink loads of water (I hate water) which has basically made me pee all day. As for my symptoms, well there is no major improvement, I have been waking each morning with pain in my hips and today there was none. Coincidence or result?

I will keep you informed!!!

1 comment:

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Mick,

Have you ever thought about writing for "Big and Bouncy" magazine? Very descriptive! I was feeling quite flushed for a moment then LOL