I don't have much of an idea of just how many people read my blog on a regular basis, but if you do, I am sure that you are sorely disappointed at the lack of entries recently.
I think that if the truth be told, I am a little consumed by new job. It's been several weeks now and from the off its been pretty manic times and for the majority of the time, once I finally get home at night, I would rather spend that time with Kerris than be sat up here in my dim office battering away at the keyboard.
Anyway, I now have a laptop with WIFI so I can now sit in Kerris's company and do the blog too. Multitasking has always been a speciality of mine.
So how is the job going? Well what can I tell you, its been a hectic start to life at Onyx, its also been stressful in more ways than one!!! The main stress comes about from one of our suppliers who have insisted on sending people to help me in my early days of selling their products. The problem here is that I had one guy from Belgium and another from Germany with me and they just don't understand that a lot of the calls I am making are intro calls to people I have never met. My only expectation on an intro call is that the customer is happy with me as a person and Onyx as a potential supplier. However, these guys expect to walk out of every call with orders. Its not over yet and its something I have to bear with for a few more weeks.
Another thing is that I wanted to work harder than I did at Ingersoll Rand and I am doing. I got very lazy at IR so to get back into a hectic regime has been a bit of a shock to the system. My body is not what it was and I can feel within me that there are still wounds that are far from healed. Its been an adjustment and will continue to be, hopefully my body will allow me to adjust.
All in all though, with the exception of people who only want to tell me how much cheaper everyone else is on key blanks (I sell for 10p and the guy tells me he can buy for 9.3p) its a role I am starting to get my teeth into. Over the first few weeks, I have met loads of new people and as I start to make regular calls into them, I am sure I can win business. I am also getting familiar with some of the new kit I sell and last week, I did my first key machine demo!! I now want one to take everywhere!!!
The blog has been neglected though, and it needs my TLC. I plan to put some catch up entries on over the next week and the big news is my impending MRI scan that I am in no way looking forward to!!!
Stay tuned!!!
Saturday, 27 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment