Another first happened this week as I saw my first major rock gig in the wonderful new Liverpool Echo Arena!!!
What a place, big enough to attract lots of top names and small enough to have a great view wherever you are!!! I love it, well done Liverpool.
I only have one criticism though....its all blue inside!!! What happened to red? Obviously designed by a toffee!!!
THUNDER
These guys never fail to impress!!! I dont know how many people in the crowd knew of them but lead singer Danny Bowes was happy to play the audience participation game from the off!!! Thunder are the reason that we saw the gig in Liverpool, we originally had tickets for Sheffield but when extra dates came out and Thunder were added to the bill then a decision was made to eBay the tickets to fund the Liverpool gig instead!!! 40 minutes of great rock, great singing and Danny has a great voice, all of the Liverpool crowd now know that!!! Well done Thunder!!!
Whitesnake
I dont swear much but they were crap. What an old, wrinkly, past it has-been Coverdale is!! They are a 1 song band, "Here I Go Again" which was great but apart from that I am amazed that these guys have taken some of the profit made on my tickets!!!
Def Leppard
I think that Def Leppard are my favourite live band ever!!! The only problem is that they tour the UK about as often as an ice age passes. It was great to see them in Liverpool and they seem to be really enjoying this tour and playing full arena's rather than limited capacity venues like the Manchester Apollo. I told Kerris that she was in for a treat and she loved it too. Generally she likes bands where the members start to undress as they get sweaty!!! These guys rock from start to finish although I think a few people didnt know the whole back catalogue as I was the only one joining in with the acoustic version of "Bringin On The Heartache" in Black A!!! I could follow this band around the UK and never get bored, its what my teen years were all about really!!!
So a good time was had by all and I cant wait for the next time, I hope they will be back again next year but please do it with someone other than Whitesnake!!!!
Friday, 18 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Here's what happened with Whitesnake.......
1986, Coverdale and his band of guitarists Micky Moody and Bernie Marsden, bassist Neil Murray and drummer Cozy Powell are in the offices of their American record company. The exec takes Coverdale to oneside.
"David," he says, "you need to.....change....this band of yours if you want to be a huge rock star."
Coverdale looks surprised. He answers back in a thick MIddlesborough accent, "But they're the best band that's ever backed me. They don't give me any stick, they're good lads."
"But they're not....pretty enough for the States," the exec replies, "Listen, David, I can hook you up with Adrian Vandenburg."
"Who's he?"
"He's a good-looking Scandinavian blond guitarist the chicks will go wild for. Though , obviously, not as wild as they'll scream for you." The exec gave Coverdale a knowing wink - he was playing on the Whitesnake singer's undoubted vanity.
"And we've got an ugly drummer, Tommy Aldridge, but we'll give him a poodle perm and a fake tan. Don Airey plays keyboards. He wears dark glasses, no one will know he's there. And the bassist, Rudy Sarzo, has just had a course of Grecian2000, but we'll envelope him in dry ice. You'll be the star as always."
Coverdale smiled at this. His American dream may come true after all.
The exec gave Coverdale some final advice. "David, lose that silly accent, play some safe bluesy songs we have for you and voila!!!!"
Whitesnake RIP
Post a Comment