Sunday, 8 February 2009

New post....

That's the button you have to press to add a blog entry, "new post".

Sorry there have been no updates for a short time, basically my PC gave in and £350.00 later I have a new HP DX2450 for my sins and I am back up and running.

We do have more than 1 PC in the house, I also have my laptop but I enjoy doing blog entries on my main PC. If I use my laptop then it means its usually very late at night/early in the morning and I am awake and troubled!!!

So a few new posts need to be added about weight, drugs, blood pressure and stuff so I will get back up to date shortly.

Just as another point, my new PC came pre loaded with Windows XP and a Vista disk also. I chose to clean install Vista. I am now a full Vista bitch!!!

I have very few issues with it, in fact, it does a fair few tasks much better and I think that the reason why so many people hate Vista is due to its default settings that on a slower computer would eat up resource. It really is just a case of switching this all off and your PC flies like an XP dream machine.

Ultimately, Microsoft have announced that "Windows 7" will be born out of the Vista interface so it is a case of moving with times or else you get left behind!!!

1 comment:

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Everyone seems to getting a new PC at the moment, and I'm thinking along the same lines.

But I'm convinced that Microsoft are trying to devalue XP, via the internet, because my decidedly-ancient-yet-perfectly-good 768MB, 1.7GHz, 38GB HD computer, which apart from a 7GB of Itunes stuff on it, is running like a sack of poo. Has been for about a month now.

I don't really want to "upgrade" to Vista because, apart from the poor reviews I've read, there's software I run which won't work with it.

So I'm thinking of just getting a super-duper spec on XP, and get a pirate copy of "Windows 7" later. Probably off you LOL!