Saturday, 2 May 2009

A very long and stressful week.

I dont want another week like this one has been for a very long time.

I try to keep personal and business opinions apart as saying the wrong thing could get you and your working life into a lot of trouble but since 08.00 on Monday morning to 17.30 on Friday afternoon working 11 hour days in between, last week was one long nightmare!!!

Like I say, I wont go in details. We have a product, installed in sizable quantities on 2 sites and we had problems as both sites went live that took until the best part of Thursday afternoon to find the root cause.

All along the way, our company Lock-tec were under huge pressure to resolve the issues and we could not abandon the sites and had to be seen to be there, doing, testing, trouble shooting and resolving while all the while not looking flustered about the situation which was cutting us up within!! Yes, it was that big!!!

Anyway, come 17.30 yesterday, we leave the second site resolved and working well.

In betwixt all of this, yours truly was stressed to the hilt, taking abuse and giving it back in certain circumstances (very unlike me) and these sites were sizable developments and I must have walked about 4 miles per day working around them.

The good news is though, my legs held up!!! Not a fantastical achievement for the normal man but for me, the left side has been very week when walking over the last few years so I am happy that has eased a little but by no means does this present a cure, it still lets me know that its not happy.

The effect of the week, stress and aggravation has manifested itself by leaving me feel weak and unbalanced on my left side a little. So this weekend, a good rest (didnt tell you I was awake most of last night did I) a bit of gardening and a little less stress would be nice.

Lets see eh!!!

No comments: