Monday, 20 April 2009

Sutton Manor Knob...I mean Dream!!!

You know sometimes you see something and then you have to look again to make sure you saw it correctly? Well this morning, this very thing happened to me.

I left the M57 at Tarbuck Island and headed east towards the M6. Alongside the motorway between junctions 7-8, something new and large loomed on the horizon. My instant thought was...its a huge knob!!! I even had to call my mate Nick as I was in shock at it.

Following some Internet research, its part of the Channel 4 Big Art Project and It turns out to be the sculpture above.

The artist is a genius, look at this narrow sculpture from the motorway and you can only see the part above the eyes, forget that you now know its a face and you have, a giant knob.

Perhaps that's just what I see though? I urge you to visit it and I urge you to comment too!!!

1 comment:

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Makes the Gormley statues by me seem positively insignificant!