The game aside, I am sat sitting here (as Wogan would say) and I am putting Rafa to the test.
He states that if any Liverpool fan had asked in August about what our position would be right now then "level on points with the mancs at the top of the table" would be perfect.
I was going to be quite harsh, but there are positives, for instance.....
After 22 games last year, Liverpool had 40 points, we currently have 47. So we are 7 points up on the deal.
After 22 games last year. Scum had 51 points, they now have 47. Scum are 4 points down.
Scum went on to win the league so from a progress point of view, we are better placed than previous. Furthermore, we are in our current position without relying on the firepower of Torres.
So all the people who say everyone else is poor and Liverpool have not progressed should consider the above stat.
What is unexplainable though is Rafa's team selection, petition your local MP about this man....

In all my years as a Red, I have never witnessed such a shambles of a player as Lucas Leiva. This man is a suicidal selection for any team. He was the reason why we did not turn Stoke over and his instant foul last night when he came on was the seed that led to Everton getting something from the game.
I can only surmise that Rafa needs to keep playing this tosser to renew his work permit and get a decent price for him.
Anyway.....
No comments:
Post a Comment