Thursday, 1 January 2009

Happy New Year....

What can I tell you apart from the fact it is 2.37 AM in the morning and officially 1st January 2009......Happy New Year to one and all!!!

You might think, "Oh he has just rolled in from a party and is downing a cheese butty while he checks his email before heading off to bed", but you could not be more wrong!!!

Yes, we rolled in from a party but that was around 12.45AM and now while Kerris, Luca and Jay are all sound asleep, I am sat here after tossing and turning in bed feeling the effects of (possibly) too much caffeine and sugar!!!

You see, we have been to a party at a friend of Kerris's called Vicky. She has a lovely house, well farm actually, out in Halsall and there was a get together to usher the new year in. And a nice time was had by all, even me!!!

I chose to drive as it was all a bit remote for a taxi and so I drank soft drinks all night which is not a bad thing. However, all drinks were "full fat/full sugar" and there was no sign of a "sugar free, max or zero" anywhere!!!

So here I am, wide awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed waiting for some form of lethargy to kick in!!!

Luca and Jay did well, we have never had them up so late and they both passed out in record time once home. As for Jay, I have had to roll his clock back 4 hours as if he wakes and sees 7.00AM or above on his clock he will rise regardless!!! So 7.00AM is arriving 4 hours later for Jay in the morning!!!

And on a final point. Seen as though not one drop of alcohol passed my lips, the least a copper could do was stop me on the way home and breathalyse me!! Just to hear him apologise would have been nice!! Instead, I drove home and there were no coppers anywhere, so as it stood, I may as well have downed 10 pints of real ale and driven home without fear!!!

Note to kids, dont drink and drive, I would never do that, I am just hypothesising!!!

No comments: