


This weekend, myself and my good friend Nick Bartlett attended a 20th Anniversary re-union party for the Chesterfield High School class of 89.
When I first heard about this, I really didnt fancy it that much. I dont have the best memories of school and from what I can recall, it was mainly abuse for being either chunky, ginger, wearing NHS glasses and having a comedy name. So as you can appreciate, I was quite nervous about the whole thing. I would not have gone on my own so I put it to Nick a while ago and we made it our date!!!
In reality, we arrived and we had a great time. Everyone was so warm and friendly and geuinely interested in where you were and what you were doing. I plainly dont recall half of the people who were there but I took the time to approach these people, tell them I had no idea who they were and then systematically work through a load of questions to try and find common grounds!!! 9 out of 10 times it worked!!
It was a really good night but I made a pact with Nick to drink Guiness for the whole night and in the morning, I felt a little worse for wear!!! I was telling Nick about a host of things, all of which I had told him the night before and I had no recollection of the event!! So thats the last time I am doing that one!!!
I am quite pleased with myself about the reunion as school was a tricky time in my life for a number of reasons but on from the re-union, I think that over the years I have grown and matured a lot while retaining my mischevious side and I think that I can pretty much welcome most people from my past with a smile, a hug or a friendly handshake...perhaps some wierd demon has been exorcised!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment