I was actually intending on adding this entry a few months ago when I first heard of it on a Radio 4 programme (yes I occassionaly listen to Radio 4). Having just read my brothers blog regarding 4 track mixing tapes, I thought that now was a good time to add this.
In the future......the next suggested evolution of the now standard MP3 is the new MT9. So how does MT9 make anything better then? Well, simply put, the MT9 format and associated players of MT9 format tracks will incorporate a 6 channel equaliser allowing the listener to adjust the levels of the various instruments and vocals on the track.
This means that if you want to hear vocals only, then you can. It means that if you want no vocals, fade them out!!! This will destroy the Karaoke industry!!!
The other good news about MT9 is that for the last 15 years any new digital recording is instantly compatible with the system. So, take "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol in MP3, convert it to MT9 and play with the levels!!! Also, any recordings prior to 15 years which still have the masters available are primed up for re-issue re-mastered for MT9.
Personally, I would love to have a play with Hysteria by Def Leppard and Karaoke the whole thing!!!!
I welcome MT9....bring it on!!!
Wednesday, 10 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment