Thursday, 3 May 2007

Updates!!!

I went to see my consultant yesterday following on from the MRI scans that I had last week. The scans were at Liverpool University Hospital as Dr Nicholson (my consultant) suggested it was a better place to have an MRI taken. I swear to you, I was in that tube for an hour and a half and I think on one occasion, I fell asleep!!!

So whats the news? Well the train of thought from the consultant was that my latest round of symptoms were so different from my first lot that he had to check if anything further was developing in me.

The results are quite good as they show no signs of progression of the nerve inflammation or any heightened brain activity that would suggest that my Myelitis is heading towards being MS. With this in mind, we concluded that these current symptoms are all part of the original bout and will clear with the passage of time. So that is good news.

The MRI images were certainly clearer than those taken previously and it was clear to see the small areas of inflammation in the spine. It doesn't look much on a picture but I can assure you, it does a big job!!!

So from here its another waiting game. Hopefully my current symptoms will be clearing noticeably within 2 weeks and from there only time can say what is next. I should go for another scan in 9 months if nothing happens in between so here is hoping for some of that!!!

No comments: