Friday, 25 May 2007

What exactly do I have???

I spoke with a friend of mine earlier this week and he was talking about a conversation that he had with another person where I was brought up.

Based on several assumptions made of my condition, I have decided to re-classify how I judge myself.

Although I deal every day with the thought that I may develop MS ultimately, its important to bear in mind that until the doctor decides that my symptoms are typical of the clinical diagnosis of MS then I don't have it.

At this point in time, I have had a few symptoms that are typical of MS and a few that are not seen in MS. What I do have is Myelitis and Myelitis is best described as inflammation of the spinal cord. People with Myelitis can ultimately develop MS but then there are also as many people who don't progress onto MS and have Myelitis as a diagnosis for life.

The changes I have made in my life, weight loss, vitamin supplements, greater exposure to sunlight etc are all preventative measures that can be taken to help stop or slow down that development of Myelitis into MS.

My personal thought process is to assume that I am heading towards MS sometime in the future but to take action today that will hopefully either avoid that day or at least ensure it is a long way off.

So I am going to stop talking about MS on here as I don't have it. I will still keep all of my progress blogged but with Myelitis in mind as right now, Myelitis is what I have.

1 comment:

Alessandro said...

Mate, whatever it is you had, you can rest assured knowing that we're all supporting you my friend! 100%. Like I always said bro, you have a great writing style, and it's reflected in your blog! But, can you put more photos of the family on there! Pics of Jay and Luca and Kerris and you! OK?