
This is an external Handreader, in fact to be more precise, its an ID3D/RW with built in 24V AC heater.
This is a product I sell in my day job as possibly the best security consultant in the UK and it is, without doubt, the best product that Ingersoll Rand produce by a country mile.
The product is a biometric reader (not strictly but its a long explanation) and it require you to type in a unique PIN code (like an ATM) and then place your hand onto a plate and the technology compares that hand on the plate to that of your template stored in the machine and decides whether you are who you claim to be and sends a message to open the door.
OK so you are with me up to here? Good.
Well, when I sell this machine (or when I sell 2 as I did recently) it needs to be connected to another piece of kit to release the door securely (not strictly true but another long explanation).
My frustration is, this other piece of kit is generally supplied by another company, Paxton Access, and this means that every time I sell a Handreader, I also indirectly do a great sales job for Paxton Access at the same time.
Now I hear what you say......."Why don't you use your own version of the Paxton product and get the full sale?". Well, Ingersoll Rand in their wisdom do not sell said piece of equipment in the UK and I am sick of asking for it to be brought in. So my bosses can always push me harder for better sales while they don't do small things like this that could make a big difference.
The other frustration is that I know Paxton Access better than my own product and 9 times out of 10 end up commissioning that side of the job while setting my own products up because it just makes the whole thing easier for me in the long run as when the Handreader fails to open the door, the client does not see the Paxton product or understand its role in the system and its generally the Paxton side that is at fault when a door does not open!!!
Well there is another frustration aired.
No comments:
Post a Comment