
Well there was a surreal experience if ever there was one!!! I went to see a live simulcast of Genesis at a Vue cinema in Staines!!!
I was dahn-saff for the night so it occupied my night nicely. The cinema was pretty full and at £15.00 a ticket it needed to be good value and I enjoyed it immensely.
I love Genesis, I am really happy that they got back together to tour but there was no way I was forking out for a stadium gig as they are just too big to enjoy!!! I much prefer arena's or theatres.
They sounded great, it was like they had never been away and the stage set was fantastic too.
Phil Collins kept referring to people in the cinemas to make noise and join in which was very funny but it was quite placid affair in Staines so everyone just sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the show.
There is something nice about watching a gig on a 40ft screen in Dolby 5.1 surround sound though!!! If one comes to a town near you.....go!!!
PS....how can anyone live anywhere called Staines?
No comments:
Post a Comment