Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Adios Luis Garcia!!!


One of my favourite Liverpool FC players has left the club today. Luis Garcia has joined Athletico Madrid in a deal that paves the way for Fernando Torres to join the club later this week.

Luis is one of those players, in my opinion, that Liverpool needs. He either has a pig of a game or shows flashes of genius that turn games around.

Who can forget the contributions that Luis has made to the recent success of the club. Yes, Chelsea fans will always recall "the goal that never was" on the way to our glory in Instanbul but earlier in the campaign, against Juventus, is where he embedded himself into my hall of fame with an amazing goal that took the wind out of their sails for sure.

I wish Luis all the luck he deserves, he is always welcome at Anfield in my opinion. Show our management that they were wrong to use you as a pawn in a transfer deal. Lets look to the future and hope that Torres pays back the 27 million with interest to us, lets just hope he doesn't show the same form that our last striker called Fernando showed!!!

10 comments:

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Agree with everything you say - Luis will be sadly missed.

However, your spelling on this post was bloody awful, because if Juventus are having "sales" then I wouldn't mind picking up Nedved and Trezeguet!

Mike Jackson said...

Agreed and ammended accordingly!!!

However, a swift glance at your blog produces some finds too. For example -

"So knowing me and Jo's talents for making a mess we've painted the bedroom - really badly!!!!"

I see this time and time again from you. It's not me and Jo, its Jo and I or Jo and myself or Jo's and mine.

So sort your own shed out before passing comment on mine!!! Which one of us got the better English grades in school?

Alessandro said...

Oh no.. don't stop fellas, this is getting good - your turn now Andy! Get him back! GO SON GO!

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

My blog is written in a conversational style, so a deep understanding of the nuances of correct English grammar is unneccessary.

If I started with "Jo and I" or whatever, it would mean I'd fallen into the trap of becoming a middle-class Daily Mail reader. No, no, no, no, NO!!!!

I got a grade "C" O-level at English Language at school - the equivalent GCSE exam would grade that as an "A".

What was that? You did a GCSE? And what grade was it? Not "A"? That's a shame......

Mike Jackson said...

Now you are just making a fool of yourself.

I do not regard myself as any class and you certainly dont see me carrying a copy of the Daily Mail.

Also, you either need glasses or you have a cataclysmic misunderstanding of the alphabet. When was a "C" actually an "A"?

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Small history lesson to better your understanding of the British education system in the late 1980s.

The Government of the time scrapped the seperate GCE/CSE examinations and created the GCSE as an umberella certificate to cover both. Under the GCSE system, unless you're a complete cretin, it's absolutely impossible not to get a grading.

I was part of the last year to do the old GCE examinations. I was told by my year head, Mr Taggart, that the GCE Grade "C" would count the same as a GCSE Grade "A". Wise words from a wise man.

My innate understanding of complex English grammar is testament to the fact that GCE O Level English Language was a piece of urine

Mind you, one day I'd like to speak English!

Your still haven't said what grade YOU got??????

PS - Ta for the assistance moving house. Your kind words really helped shift the furniture :)

Alessandro said...

Aaahh.. that's the stuff, brotherly love - ain't it wonderful? I fear that my provocation may have just started this little 'discussion'?
... and I'm sorry..NOT! heheh great stuff - should be more 'open' discussion like this in the world!

PS. Si vous voulez on peut parler en francais? o se no, parliamo l'italiano?

Mike Jackson said...

Dear Brother.

You may find this hard to believe but in the past I have argued that although on the outside you give the impression of someone who would make an excellent starting point for a new evolutionary colony on Zortag 3 in the absence of any single celled organisms, you are in fact a well educated and intelligent person.

However, based on this little "to and fro" we have had here, I take it all back and will adjust my defence of you.

Basically you are suggesting that anyone who has taken a GCSE, based on when they went to school rather than their academic nouse, and passed with a grade above C should really petition their local MP to bring back GCE/CSE times as the quality of their work and understanding is inferior to that of someone who scraped through a few years earlier.

You are suggesting that all of those job adverts asking for "GCSE or O Level grade C or above required" actually discriminate against the much harder working O Level students who put much more effort in than their GCSE underlings.

What a load of old tosh!!!

While I agree it is impossible to fail a GCSE, its also a difficult exam to pass at C or above as I found out.

I wont even begin to go into comparing where my insignificant GCSE grades have got me as apposed to where your superior O Levels have elevated you to. If however you would like me to, just continue trying to justify your argument and we can take it from there!!!

I thank you. Now I must go as I need to research on Google the millions of individuals who have successfully sued the Government since the introduction of GCSE's based on the unfair advantage given to their GCE cousins in life.

Search results = 0

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).