I haven't told you too much about my condition recently but that's because it is pretty much as it was when I last wrote about it.
Since that time, all I have learnt about my ongoing hand numbness is that its directly linked to the inflamed area in the base of my neck and that pressure on this area increases the numbness. I don't like sleeping too much these days as the pressure on my neck from the pillow ensures that I wake each morning with complete numbness and coldness and generally feel a little shaky about things. If I wake in the night, its horrible to try and get back to sleep.
Anyway, open to all forms of treat, I recently booked in for a course of acupuncture. This may seem bizarre to most who know that I have a deep feel of needles and the like but I have come to some kind of spiritual conclusion that my fear of all things sharp and thin may ultimately be my salvation so by facing my fear by having a bucket load of the little blighters in me could well shift my numbness.
The short and curly is, they haven't!!!!
They have made the area at the base of my neck less sensitive but this has had no effect on my numbing problems. So I think that following 4 courses of needle and electric current conduction treatment, I will move onto something else.
On from there, I may have also mentioned previously that alcohol had a terrible effect on me and recently I begun to believe this was passing until last night.
On reflection, 1 Corona, half a bottle of red wine, 1 lemon flavoured shot, 1 pint of Guinness, 1 Long Island Iced Tea and a pint of Peroni is enough to floor most people but my head was not even spinning as I went to sleep.
I woke at 3.24AM for a trip to the little boys room and promptly lost consciousness while peeing!!! The next thing I know, I am slumped against the bathroom wall while Kerris is shaking me terrified that I've suffered a much worse fate.
I basically passed out but prior to that I remember every symptom of my past coming over me. Numbness, pins and needles, weakness, shooting pains, the whole hit!!! It was not nice at all and I thank God that Kerris was alive enough to help me.
I am officially back off alcohol as today I feel like death!!! Its not a hangover though, I know what a hangover feels like and this isn't it!!! This feeling is my body just telling me that all of the above will not be tolerated!!!
Sunday, 16 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment