I purposefully try to avoid commenting on politics. I dont do politics really. I am not Labour, Conservative or Liberal as in my humble opinion, they are all as bad as each other. They only want to find more stealth ways of taxing you and here I am in beautiful Middle England bearing the brunt of the subsidies given to the lesser income families and individuals while at the same taking the brunt of taxes to ensure the rich get richer.
There is not a lot of basis for this sweeping statement but thats my opinion and I am entitled to it.
So as far as I am concerned, politicians in general are here to do no good which is why it worries me that Obama has been elected in the US.
I have no beef with the man but what I do know, and I know it so well is that he is the first black American President.
Seen as though we are little USA and have had this merry go round rammed down our throats for the last 10 months, I feel that I should know the man and his policies intimately....but I dont. All I know is that Barrack Obama is the first black American President.
I am not racist and I dont care for the colour or creed of our leaders but the reason this man got in was because of the colour of his skin and not his policies.
So it seems that in America, their choice of politician is as pointless as it is here.
I hope I am wrong. I really do.
Monday, 10 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In 1979, did the people of this country elect Thatcher to power because she was a woman?
Actually no, there is an exception. I think she was elected partly as a role model that women could look up to (it would be wrong to suggest that it wasnt a factor but only partly)and more so because labour had made such a cataclysmic mess of the previous term.
History has a habit of repeating itself too.
Post a Comment