Here he is, 1 man and his broken car!!! Constantly striving to make it get from A-B with whichever used or broken replacement part he can get his hands on to do the job!!!
Yes, today, my Dad would have turned 62 and wherever you are and whatever you are doing, have a good one and we miss you and love you.
I think for today, I will recall a mechanically related memory of Dad.
A long time ago, when I was in my mid-teens, Andy brought home a motorbike. I think it was Russian and called a "CZ". I don't know where it came from or how much money exchanged hands for it but whatever it was, it was too much as I never saw it work.
Anyway, hindsight is a glorious thing and at such a young age, I was not prepared to accept this fact so 1 day in the school holiday, me and my mate Soffe were running the bike up and down the entry at the back of Milton Road in the vain hope that it would jump start to life.
Dad used to come home for lunch from the tannery back then and he wandered out back to see what progress Soffe and I had made. Assessing the situation, Dad pointed out that we would never get it working.
I asked why? Did he have some nugget of information that would help? Were we missing the blatantly obvious?
The answer....."Because its F**ked".
No more needed to be said!!!
Happy Birthday Dad, lets see what I can conjure up next year!!!
Yes, today, my Dad would have turned 62 and wherever you are and whatever you are doing, have a good one and we miss you and love you.
I think for today, I will recall a mechanically related memory of Dad.
A long time ago, when I was in my mid-teens, Andy brought home a motorbike. I think it was Russian and called a "CZ". I don't know where it came from or how much money exchanged hands for it but whatever it was, it was too much as I never saw it work.
Anyway, hindsight is a glorious thing and at such a young age, I was not prepared to accept this fact so 1 day in the school holiday, me and my mate Soffe were running the bike up and down the entry at the back of Milton Road in the vain hope that it would jump start to life.
Dad used to come home for lunch from the tannery back then and he wandered out back to see what progress Soffe and I had made. Assessing the situation, Dad pointed out that we would never get it working.
I asked why? Did he have some nugget of information that would help? Were we missing the blatantly obvious?
The answer....."Because its F**ked".
No more needed to be said!!!
Happy Birthday Dad, lets see what I can conjure up next year!!!
1 comment:
The CZ bike came from a bloke on Norma Road. I bought it for £30. The thing, never ever started.
Post a Comment