Thursday, 18 June 2009

Not a lot....

I know I havent updated the blog too much of late and I worry sometimes that I have lost the will to keep it going.

Its not that I dont have anything to write about because I do, however, I am really sensitive about writing too much about situations as I feel in some cases, I might compromise those around me.

One thing I have learnt since joining Lock-tec has been when the time is right to keep your mouth shut. My boss Glen, lovely fella, is so cautious about what he says, when he says it and whom he says it too and I used to find it a little infuriating when I was working alongside Glen as a supplier. Now that I am one of the team, I fully understand his nature and time and time again there have been occasions where much as it would have been great to spout ones mouth off and put all and sundry to rights, its been a whole lot better to keep ones voice down and not spout off. I think this has passed over onto the blog in some small way.

I would love to tell you about the delicate and intricate relationships with customers and suppliers and the daily toil whereby myself and a colleague now say "well at least today was only a bad day, we can handle that". On reflection, you dont know who reads this and who then goes onto tell another what they have read so to protect all parties, I keep my mouth shut over such issues now.

I would never dream of that at Ingersoll Rand or Onyx so I think that the fact I keep a lid on what my job entails is a huge compliment to what we do in Lock-tec.

Anyway, there should be a fair bit to scribble over the next few weeks, we have birthdays, holidays, sports days, more holidays, isolation and medication to look forward too.

I think what I am saying is, all the exciting and compelling stuff happens in work and sod all else happens to me outside of work and I dont want to write too much about that so lets try and refocus on the daily stuff instead!!!

No comments: