Now here is a novel way to spend the weekend.
Salto exhibited at the Master Locksmiths Association (MLA) annual show in Telford. It was a low key affair for Salto. We took very little of our product range and we just wanted to gauge a reaction of the Locksmiths.
So, myself and a colleague (Paul Carr) spent the last 3 days manning the stand enjoying the company of some nice people, some confused people, some rude people and some people who genuinely did not understand where we came from, what we are about and exactly what we are trying to achieve!!!
To be honest, at the end I was knackered, I never sleep well while I am away from home and this was no exception....except it was 3 days long!!! When I woke this morning, I felt like death and did not take well to rising and shining!!!
We did have a decent night at the MLA Banquet though. Kerris came down to join me, looked absolutely bloody drop dead gorgeous and made everyone jealous of me!!! Job done there then!!!
We, by pure luck, were seated with my friends from Lock-Tec for the evening and although the food was rubbish, the comedian was abysmal and Alexender O'Neill was slightly dubious and dressed as if he was just released from Guantanamo Bay we managed to smile through the night and enjoy ourselves. I even won a prize in the raffle!!! Kerris wanted the 2 week holiday....I wont the Paint balling session for 6!!! Sorry Kitten!!!
So, hard work, tiring, fun and over. Only time will tell if the leads we have taken away are any good.
Wondering about the pics by the way? Well obviously the first is the glory that was the Salto stand. The second is living proof that at the MLA Banquet, when wearing a silly fake Viking helmet, you can actually balance an upturned bottle of beer on each horn!!!
Just you wait until I get the movie of "How Many Helium Balloons Does It Take To Float A Wine Glass".
All important stuff this is you know!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment