Sunday, 12 October 2008

Memory loss.

I have a good memory in general (well apart from if you ask me about any part of my life prior to age of 18) and one thing I despise in others is that some people will drink themselves to oblivion and not care about how they got home or into bed or who the had a fight with all in the name of memory loss through drinking. I hate it.

This is one of the reasons that explains why I don't get drunk often. I am a control freak, I need to know details.

So I am astounded that when I woke this morning, I had memory loss from the previous night. More so from the fact that this happened on 4 beers and half a bottle of red wine. I am the kinda guy who (if he was that stupid) would probably have the marbles in place to still drive a car competently on that amount of alcohol.

Kerris and I had a lovely evening while Jay and Luca slept for the first time at Nanny June's new flat and they had a lovely time too. We did a great double, we started off at the Chill Inn bar on Lord Street before retiring next door to the Grill Inn (owned by the same people) for some beautiful Cumbrian steaks.

We walked home, it was a perfect evening for it weather-wise and I started stumbling a little and the last thing I remember was walking up our path. After that, very vague, details lost and then woke up this morning.

My Carbamazepine tablets say "don't take with alcohol" so there is the answer I reckon. Well I will only make that mistake once.....

No comments: