Tuesday, 21 July 2009

If you want help you have to fight for it!!!

I have several issues with the Walton Centre which is the place I visit every now and then so that I can review my symptoms and see how they are going etc.

Firstly and most importantly, you never see the same person twice. I am sure they do this on purpose as they have a thick file of notes and spend your 20 minute consultation treading over your history. For gods sake, adopt the personal banker attitude and get some familiarity going!!

Secondly, what you ask for rarely happens. I have just spent 15 minutes on the phone trying to progress a referral from my last visit to see an MS Psychologist. In the end, it appears that the referral was never taken any further and I am now being offered an appointment that really doesn't suit me but I will take it as I need to see this Messiah who has all the answers to the questions spinning in my head.

So next Tuesday at 3.45 I am booked into the Walton Centre Neuropsychology department to hopefully get advice on how to cope with how I feel. Kerris and I had a tiny chat about something like this today, it seems that 3-4 years ago my head was clear and I knew where I was going, how I was feeling and what I was going to do. Since then, all this has occurred which has shaken me to the core, spun my emotions and general wellbeing around at 100Mph and I am getting to the point where I really feel that I am doing no favours to those who love me.

So I hope this will be the first step to fighting back against it. I have said it before, I feel in limbo permanently and no support is being offered from a medical point of view naturally so you have to ask for it instead, then you have to chase it down and come next Tuesday, I will probably be sat in the hospital counselling myself. Lets wait and see!!!

No comments: