Friday, 3 July 2009

Owen

I just heard the news about our former boy wonder and the fact he chose to go to United shows that there is nothing more to this man than money. If you are in it for money then fine, but a lot of players are in it for the adulation and respect of the fans and I never thought that this Judas truly had that in his Liverpool career.

I havent had a good word to say about Owen since his last season at Liverpool. He ran his contract down to zero so that Liverpool, the club who made him European Player Of The Year, got 8 million out of what today would have been a Ronaldo-esque transfer sum.

Perhaps Owen is finally pulling on the right red shirt? Part of me sees this as a marriage of convenience, Owen is using it thinking of his transfer on from United and that sets him in a different league against being transferred out of Hull, Wigan or Stoke and on the other hand, Ferguson needs forwards and for 3 months of the season, Owen will do things for him.

Michael, I hope you are not on the team sheet when they visit Anfield because I cannot think of a worse player to make a worse move. It will be a cauldron of hatred. Mind you, I bet the £100.000.00 plus per week you get more than makes up for that eh?

No comments: