
I dont write half as much about my work in and extensive knowledge of the security industry on here as I dont think it would interest too many people but you never know.
Last week was the annual IFSEC (International Fire & Security Expo) at the NEC in Birmingham and for the first time in a long time, I spent the whole 4 days of the exhibition manning the stand for my new employers Salto.
Now just so you get a small idea of the size of this beast. It spans over several halls of the NEC, I think it was over 7 halls this year. If you go to see a concert at the NEC, it occupies 1 hall and seats 10000 punters. So take that and multiply it by 7....big!!!
We had a large stand at Salto and a truly international flavour. As well as the UK team making up the backbone of the stand, we had representatives from Spain, Russia, America, Dubai amongst others.
I have to say, its probably my 12th IFSEC, I have never in all that time been so amazed at just how busy it was from the word go!!!
Our stand was jammed out nearly all day every day. People were actually waiting for periods of around 20 minutes for representatives to become free to talk to them. It was chaotic!!!
It was also exhausting, it wiped me out for a few days afterwards, my body let me know all about that!!!
The upshot of the show is that we meet new potential clients, make new friends, entertain old ones and generally build the business. I would say it was a 100% success and next year, our stand has been booked to be a third larger than it was this year. The cost? £48.000.00.
Now that is the real crime of the security show!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment