I dont harp on about footy too much on here, in the main Liverpool do well and come out fighting when the chips are down.
Last night was the Champions League semi against Chelsea. We lost 3-2 on the night (4-3 over 2 legs) and in typical Liverpool fashion there was a late show of hope and extra time ensued.
I am bitterly disappointed that we did not progress to face the scum in Moscow but don't take anything away from Chelsea, they deserved their win.
What does force me to scribe here though is the tactical calamity of Benitez in subbing Torres immediately after we conceded a goal. The man is a prat. I don't care that he had a "slight hamstring problem", it did not show and he looked gutted to be pulled off the park. We needed our best player to do a job and taking him off cost Liverpool the tie. He only had to play 15 minutes more and then, even if he did not make the final, he would have 3 month's off to sort the problem out.
As I said....PRAT!!!
So his prat like decisions took league hope away from us and his prat like decisions cost us all the cups this year.
For the record, I state it now, he is not the man for the job. Sorry Rafa, I love what you have done but don't lose the respect, stand aside.
Thursday, 1 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
El Nino's off with Spain to the European Championship this summer with Alonso, Reina, Arbeloa, Garcia, Morientes, Nunez and...erm....Josemi!
I forgot about that.
But in the case of the match on Wednesday night....club or country?
Mind you, with the links between the spanish national side and Liverpool, its hard to separate the two.
Post a Comment