Monday, 26 May 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

If you take a look at my favourite movies on the profile page, then you will see that the original trilogy of Indiana Jones films rank highly in there.

Last night, Kerris and I went to see Indy 4 and seen as though a lot of people seemed to have a lot to say about it, I thought I would add my two penneth!!!

Movies have moved on a lot since the last movie and the same way that we were no longer stunned by the effects of Star Wars when the prequels were released so Indy 4 had a lot to live up to.

I have to say, I loved it, it was very enjoyable and Harrison Ford still pulls it off as our hero very convincingly. The same things that we love about the original 3 movies are still the backbone of entertaining us in the 4th.

We love to watch our hero overcome ridiculous odds to survive another day, we love to see him beaten senseless only to get up and floor someone twice his height and strength and we love the fact that everyone he trusts ends up double crossing him in some way.

So well done to Lucas and Spielberg for keeping true to the story, I am happy to say that I will add this 4th installment onto my faves and it will indeed slip in easily where the Star Wars prequels (good as they are.....let down by Jar Jar Binks) failed to.

No spoilers here though!!!

No comments: