Monday, 30 March 2009

Birthday!!

On Sunday I turned the ripe old age of 36. I am now nearer to 40 than I was to 30. Somehow, that seems old!!!

Anyway, its been a weird weekend as my birthday, in the nicest possible way, was not celebrated.

On Saturday, we went to a surprise 60th birthday party for our good friend John Muir at Tree Tops in Formby and a nice time was had by all. Most of all, John was surprised!!

On Sunday, we went to the 50th Wedding Anniversary party for Kerris's Mum & Dad and again, a very nice time was again had by all.

Somewhere in the middle of all that, I had my birthday and I am not fussed for one moment that my day wasn't about me for once!! We had a great time and compared to people making their 60th year and people who were married 14 years before I surfaced, my 36th doesn't feel like such a big deal.

Anyway, I got a decent haul as always -
  • A new digital camera (from Kerris)
  • Star Wars Lego boxer shorts with go faster Jedi Knight logo (from the boys)
  • Guitar Hero belt strap (from my brother Andy)
  • A nice blue T-shirt (from Mum)
  • Some cash to buy new trainers (from Mum & Dad in laws!!)

So I am more than happy with my birthday, whats next? Oh yeah, 37!!!

No comments: