Well people, I have managed to avoid being admitted to hospital for nearly 36 years but unfortunately, last night, that great record was broken!!
We went for a lovely meal at our friends Nick & Alison. Nick cooked up a storming hot Thai Red Curry. Very nice!!!
Before I carry on Nick, I hold you in no way responsible for this!!! I think it was going to happen anyway and the chilli kick accelerated it!!!
So at about 10.30PM, I start getting some mild stomach pains, by midnight and on arriving home I was in a fair amount of abdominal discomfort.
For the next 2 hours, things got progressively worse, I had a little diarrhoea and I was so uncomfortable with pain everywhere!!! Worse still, when terror attacks, my ongoing symptoms increase and my numb, cold and pins & needles affected hands turned themselves way beyond 10!!!
So at 2.30PM, I wake Kerris and within 15 minutes we are in here Mum and Dads car on the way to Southport A&E. On arrival, I checked in and promptly puked my guts all over the gents toilets. This kind of soothed me for a while but soon I was back to discomfort again.
My chest was tight too and they were worried that this could be heart related so I was wired up to a heart machine and had some blood taken.
As it transpired, my heart and bloods are all fine, as is my blood pressure (well for a man of my size anyway) and they administered a fair amount of Morphine to me and I sank into a lovely dazy coma for the next few hours.
Kerris needs a special mention, here is a woman who had a lovely night prior to being woken by me and performed magnificently even though she was probably fighting the effects of a little too much wine. In the brief periods between 3.30AM and 7.00AM where I came out of my coma, she was there to offer me a smile and some support. This woman just keeps getting better for me. I have so much admiration for you Kerris and I think you need to be reminded of that every now and then!!
Anyway, at 7.00AM I was moved to the Observation Ward and Kerris finally had a comfier chair and I slept some more until 9.00AM when the jolly consultant came round and, although I was still in some fair abdominal pain, gave me a clean bill of health and sent me home offering no insight into what happened!!!
So tomorrow AM, I am off to my GP and insisting on getting a camera shoved into my gullet to see whats going on. I had something similar a few months ago and it eased off before any mention of a hospital was made. So just in case something is brewing in there, I want to keep on top of it as I dont want a night like that again.
Over the course of the day, more sleep and feeling a lot more comfortable now. Medicine has no comparison to Liverpool slamming the Villa 5-0 though...game on!!!
Sunday, 22 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mick, if ever you get a similar set of circumstances again (and I hope you don't!), I don't care what time of the day or night it is, but RING ME!!!! and I'll take you to whatever ozzy you need to go to.
Me and you really should talk more, shouldn't we?
That is very kind of you but I either needed an ambulance or someone who could get me there quick!!!
Fear not, should I ever need your services, or a kidney or something then you will hear from me!!!
Post a Comment