Monday, 27 August 2007

ADSL.......

Hello, long time no speak eh!!!

Sorry for the silence, it's all down to ADSL and the good people of Virgin. Let me explain.....

In my new job, I want to work hard as my new company obviously want me working to my full potential and similarly, I want to make a success of it so a working hard ethic is good thing to possess.

With Ingersoll Rand, I have been home based for a good period of time and if I ever wanted to work from an office, I had to travel to either Newcastle or Birmingham to do so.

So, getting back to my point, my new company are a 45 minute drive away in Runcorn. If I need a desk to work at then I would prefer to do it from there, as well as being able to pitch in, I will work harder in a work environment and have less distractions to take my mind off the job. Therefore, the need for a home office is much less of a requirement for me now.

I have a second phone line that Ingersoll Rand pay for in the house and that also carries the ADSL into the house. Seen as though I have no need for that second phone line now, I needed to get it disconnected and also have the ADSL changed so that it comes into the house on the main phone line. After a little jiggery pokery with a screwdriver at the BT box on the outside wall, the second line socket in the computer room is now no longer a second phone line and has become an extension of the main line and now carries ADSL.

Phew....seamless you would think? No, Virgin have to disconnect my ADSL on the current line and then reconnect on the new line. All in all, about a week between the 2 operations and so we have been using dial up.

Anyone who remembers what dial up is like will feel the pain. Its just not quick at doing anything!!! So, dial up is now off and ADSL is back on and therefore the blog returns!!!

Stay tuned......

1 comment:

Alessandro said...

Good to see ya back online broski!