Friday, 17 August 2007

The future's bright, the future is......Onyx!!!


Well I have been hinting for a few days that I may have some news that previously I could not mention but today I am very happy to let you know that I have accepted a new job and my short and glorious career at Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies is coming to an end.

I am joining Onyx Security Hardware, a new (well 18 months old) and friendly company who are based in Runcorn and mainly sell into the Locksmith market place. My job is to promote the entire product range but ultimately to develop sales of Access Control (my speciality subject) mainly in the North of the UK. The thought is that as long as I can develop the business, I can wherever I want in the UK but there is more than enough companies to target in the North so hopefully the long trips to London each week will a much more rare occurrence!!!

I am happy for a number of reasons, in no particular order, I have been disillusioned at IR for a long time now and I need to be one of those people who gets their kicks from the feeling that they are valued in a company and making a difference. That feeling has gone from IR and at Onyx, its a much tighter ship so you cant hide and being the external face of the company, I will need to work very hard to ensure that the risk they are taking on me is repaid in full!!! Its going to be hard work but its a good team and a friendly team and there is a genuine feeling that we will enjoy ourselves and have a laugh along the way.

I am happy because I have been able to be completely honest with them concerning my Myelitis diagnosis. I always felt that I had to hide it at IR but I was determined in my next job to not have to hide anything and thankfully, they were completely chilled about it. As long as I am honest with them and I see any symptoms coming then there isn't anything we cant work around.

Finally I am happy because all of the blog entries below have seen me in a slight depression as things ave progressed along. Now, its like several large weights have been lifted from my shoulders and I feel a lot more like the man that people know me to be. So there is a huge reason to be cheerful.

I would ask you to look at the Onyx website to find out some more, but if you click on http://www.onyx-hardware.com/ you wont see too much info. Yes, that will also be one of my jobs, get some products on there....quickly!!!!

I am now going to go and enjoy my weekend.

5 comments:

Alessandro said...

We love you Onyx oh yes we do!
We love you Onyx through and through!
We love you Onyx oh yes we do!
Oh Onyx we love you!

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Congratulations on your new job, son! How many's this now??????

However, the thought occurs to me that your entire career has been built on human pananoia and fear over their personal safety. So when there's a 11/9, a 7/7, a Madrid bombing, etc - there's people high up in the security business planning beach retreats in Dubai.....

Mike Jackson said...

Absolutely brother of mine.

My entire career is based around the fact that people should lock their doors and find new and inventive ways of deterring intruders.

Some security companies employ, via the brown envelope method, plenty of local crooks just to make sure that people will always need alarms and CCTV etc.

By the same token, your company could go around removing fasteners!!!

Alessandro said...

We love you Onyx oh yes we do!
We love you Onyx through and through!
We love you Onyx oh yes we do!
Oh Onyx we love you!

Alessandro said...

Is the future still bright? No entries for weeks?!