Monday, 27 August 2007

Zorbing!!!!



Take a look at this piece of cinematic art!!! My good friend Nick Bartlett and I had a go at Zorbing last week.

To go into more detail, I am Nick's best man at his wedding to the lovely Cara on October 6th and as well as organising the stag night (which happens next weekend - God help us) I wanted to do something special for my friend. So I tried in vain to not give too much away by saying that he wont leave the ground and he will be sick!!! It did not take the brain of Columbo to figure it out for Nick and so last week we headed down to Bournemouth for a night out followed by the Zorbing.

If you go to Bournemouth for a night out, go at the weekend as it is desperate during the week!!!

Anyway, disaster was averted as the Zorb was cancelled for the 2 days prior to our go due to this fantastic lack of summer weather we have had in the UK this year!!!

We were meant to do 2 Zorbs. One in a harness (the one to make you sick) and one called a Hydro Zorb where you go down without a harness and drown in water....its affectionately called the "Spin Cycle".

Because of the poor weather, mainly a blowy side wind, the harness Zorb was cancelled on the day so instead we did 2 Hydro Zorbs.

Well all I can say is its the kind of fun that can only happen in a large inflatable ball filled with water and chunky blokes. We laughed, even more so the second time. I could honestly do it all day. It does not look much on the video but when you are in there,......my God!!!

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

dreadedvacuumflaskmonster said...

Mick, without doubt that is the pointlessly entertaining thing you've possibly ever done.

Two things come to mind -

1) That's a bit owlarse on your Liverpool shirt.

2) I hope your doctor doesn't see this.

Alessandro said...

I hope his doctor DOES see it actually! It shows that Jacko is on with it - he's getting on with it! A lot of Mike's battle is and will be pyschological! And he's going the right way about it! Living it up!
Go son Go!