Well that was not pleasant.
Have I ever told you all that I hate needles? And yesterday at the hospital, I got the worst needle of my life!!! You are lucky I remained conscious.
I had my EMG which was fairly uncomfortable as the consultant measured from point to point on my arm and then sent an electric current through me to see how long the current took to go from point to point. The good news is, I am very conductive!!!
So there was nothing to show from the electrical pulses therefore he had to stick a couple of needles in the muscles on my right hand and have a good listen!!! I have never felt anything so awkward, and this is coming from a bloke who has had a Lumbar Puncture, the needles went in and I had to move the muscle so that the needles moved slightly......ooooowwwww!!!!!!
Anyway, nothing there either which means I don't have Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome and I don't have any trapped nerves. So....back to square one.
I have a follow up with the consultant tomorrow to consider what else it might be. Well, you have MRI'd me, removed spinal fluids, electrocuted me and inserted needles as awkwardly as possible.....what could he have lined up for me next I wonder?
Wednesday, 8 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mate, I'm of the opinion that the more they keep ruling out stuff - the better. I mean, they haven't even diagnosed you with MS have they? So, it could just be your body going crazy due to chemical inbalance, stress, anxiety etc? And I guess with each little sympton you get (like the numbness in the 2 fingers thingo) your brain automatically starts thinking the worst?? Another thing that doesn't help is the internet. The google search for all the symptoms etc, doesn't help in my opinion, as self diagnosis etc just seems to 'match' exactly whatever it is you're feeling. Bro, I'm no expert by a long way, but a while back I had many 'unexplained' numbness, pins and needles and neck aches - I remember how each one compounds on the other and brain plays might tricks on you. Just some thoughts from my experiences....
Post a Comment