Thursday, 5 April 2007

Duvets

I decided that over the next few days and as a nice way to pass some time over the Easter period, I would have a few rants on my blog!!! Everyone except me seems to use their blog for propaganda and I haven't dedicated too much time to speaking my mind here as yet so my first victim will be Duvets, or to be more precise, the lack of them.

Now I know that some Australians read my blog from time to time and that the word duvet is a little alien to them. In fact, Mr A Campobassi of address unknown, I distinctly remember a heated Fosters Ice fuelled argument somewhere near The Paradox in Aintree (see the horses) where I was being told that there was no such item as a duvet and that the correct term for this fine insulated sheet is a "dooner".

Time passing is a funny thing and I hope now that both you and your family have embraced your respective French sides, you now know what a duvet is and indeed what a dooner isn't!!!

So, duvets, where are they all? Also, why is is that expensive hotel equals no duvet!!!

I have just returned from London and recently I have started to use Laterooms for my internet hotel bookings as staying in Travelodges up and down this country is, quite frankly, doing my head in!!! However, for all the good deals on Laterooms and for all the choice, the hotels seem to prefer the fitted sheet option over the duvet!!!

Whats going on? Why are there fitted sheets everywhere? They don't heat you, they don't trap heat and they fall off!!! They also have to have an obligatory dodgy looking brown woolly sheet on top or a germ filled valance of some disgusting design that you would not carpet a pub function room in!!!

Fitted sheets make me unhappy, duvets make me smile. There is obviously some cost option here whether it be in materials or cleaning but from now on, I swear that I shall always refuse a room with unless it has a duvet!!!

Say what you like about Travelodges, Premier Inn's and Holiday Inn Express. You get a comfy bed and a duvet every time and its usually half the price of its so called quality counterparts!!!

Rant 1 over, rant 2 comes tomorrow and is entitled "Monkeys" and rant 3 will swiftly follow where I will let my thoughts be known on Wrestling.

No comments: