Sunday, 29 April 2007

Its getting hard to update the blog recently..

In the last entry about my current condition, I shared that my right hand was numb and had a constant coldness to it. Well I am glad to say that the numbness and the coldness have pretty much moved on. However, there is always something around the corner to make life difficult!!!

The numbness is now confined to 2 fingers. On my right hand, my little finger and my second finger feel quite numb all the time right now and furthermore, its making typing and using the mouse very hard.

Last night, I held my hand up with fingers stretched out (in the same way that you would to see if your fingers were shaking) and I was amazed to watch my fingers drop and go into an almost clenched position with no control from me. I could not feel them bend or move. So its any ones guess to wonder what is going on there.

I spent and hour and a half inside an MRI scanner at Liverpool University Hospital on Friday and to say it felt a little claustrophobic was an understatement. I was genuinely shaken by it. However, they took piccies of my back, my neck and my brain to see if anything was developing. I will make an appointment for next week so hopefully they will have big news, little news or no news. I don't really know which I would prefer more right now.

No comments: