Sunday, 1 April 2007

What a difference a week makes.....

This time last week I was at a low. I was depressed and let it all get to me and was generally miserable to anyone who would care to listen.

Kerris acted admirably, giving me the kind of sympathy usually reserved for bereavements and all of this was a culmination of steroids toying with my emotions, the single worst day of attacks that I had experienced (about 25 in total) and also the looming return to work.

Well, a week has passed and I have to admit that I feel better than I have done in a long time.

I was at the point of getting extra medication for my nerve attacks and the drug in question was carbamazepine which is usually used to treat epilepsy. Thankfully, my consultant had forgotten to send this request to my doctor who in turn refused to prescribe it to me and it gave the steroids an extra couple of days to work some magic and now the nerve attacks are reserved for when I am in a horizontal position!!! And seen as though that only happens at night, they are now few and far between!!!

So apart from a few night nerve attacks to worry about, I feel good and my balance is improving and I am in a good place mentally!!! Hooray!!!

Now keep watching the weight dropping, I in turn will keeping eating healthy and organic and taking all the best supplements and when this baby decides to attack again, my body will be waiting!!!

No comments: