This is my good friend James E Thurgood and his lovely lady Sharon at our wedding (by that I mean Kerris and I, not Jim and me!!) back in June 2004. I have known James for nearly 10 years now and following on from his complaint that he was not mentioned on my blog, I thought I would give him some space and tell you a funny story.
I don't think that Jim will mind me telling you of our first meeting.
Jim was a new starter at Gardiner Security and I was happily taking on the role of inductor of new staff while my boss, Glenn, was on his holidays.
Jim was about 3 hours late to begin with and so I got straight onto product training.
"Now Jim, this is the Vantage PC based access control system, you will need to fire up your new laptop to run the software" I said.
"How do I do that?" Replied Jim.
"Just install the software CD onto the laptop and then run the program" I answered.
"No" said Jim "How do I turn on the laptop".........
I can honestly say, the ice was broken, a friendship was made and I have treasured this bloke ever since.
So here's to Jim, not alf my boy, look what you could have won!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment