Whatever it is that is wrong with me, I have obviously had it for a long time before getting to the point where I am now which is having a vague idea of what is going on!!!
The steroids did a fantastic job, they cleared all of my previous woes away and got me back into a working state but since never a day goes by when there isn't something there chipping away to remind me that my body is being tinkered with from within.
I have developed a symptom that I had in summer last year and although its not debilitating in any way, it is annoying me as the rather crude consequences of it would be laughed at in a normal body!!!
I tried to describe what was going on to Kerris and the best description I can give you is a light numbness in both legs that continues up to my waist. I also feel it in my right hand on my fingertips!!! To describe how this numbness feels is best put like this. Imagine you are wearing a pair of tight trousers (or for women and some men too, a pair of tights) and you put another pair of trousers on that go over them. You don't feel the full sensation of putting the second pair of trousers on as they pass over your legs. And that's how it feels!!! It feels like that everywhere in my lower half, and I mean everywhere!!! Is this getting too crude yet because its about to get a whole lot more crude.....
The other interesting effect of this is a general loss of sensation. By this I mean that normal every day functions that are carried out in the loo have less of a feeling as they pass out of me!!! So to be terribly graphic (and remember this blog is for me to look back at as a valuable source of what happened and when as well as fine reading matter for you), I can have a wee and although I have the feeling I need one and I go to the toilet as normal, I don't actually feel it coming out.....good job I can see it!!! And its the same at the back too but describing that is between me, Kerris and the doctor!!!
So annoying as this all is, it doesn't affect my day to day life and in fact this weekend, Kerris and I are looking forward to attending a charity ball. Kerris will look fantastic and I will look like a ginger lobster in a dinner suit!! Yes, as usual, people will think she is either giving me a sympathy date or she is a hired escort for the occasion!!! Pictures will follow!!!
Friday, 13 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment